Monday, July 28, 2008

Neil Gaiman Writing Batman


A lot of stuff happened/was announced at Comic-Con, but probably the biggest news comic-wise is that Neil Gaiman is writing a two-part Batman story, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? Drawn by Andy Kubert (Gaiman's partner on 1602), the title of the story could be an homage to the Alan Moore penned Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Although a lot of people (myself included) would like to see perhaps a longer Batman story from Neil Gaiman, this is cool news inded.

Kevin Smith is also writing a Batman story.

Not Batman related, but since I'm a big fan of The Flash and the creative team involved, Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver (the creative team behind Green Lantern: Rebirth) are the team behind Flash: Rebirth. I'm a bit nervous since I like the Wally West Flash a lot (one of my favorite comic book characters), so I don't want to see him go. However, I've been pretty happy with a lot of Johns work, especially his run on The Flash a few years ago and what he's now doing with JSA and Green Lantern. Although the Flash's history isn't exactly a mess, Johns has an ability to take all the aspects of a character's past and streamline them (i.e. Green Lantern and Hawkman). Regardless, I'll be reading.

No comments: